Know Before You Go
Class of 2022 Commencement
Ceremony Date: Monday, May 23 at 9 a.m. – ~ 12:00 p.m.
Who Attends: The ceremony is for the Class of 2022 undergraduate seniors, Doctoral, and Master’s candidates, and their guests.
Ten Steps to Get Ready:
10. Take a screenshot or print your GradPass. Every graduate needs a GradPass ticket to get into the ceremony. Check your inbox for an email from MarchingOrder, click the link to download or take a screenshot of your pass on your phone. Be ready to display your ticket on Commencement day to volunteers in the Bob Scott Gym in the Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center.
Masters students DO NOT need to register or present a Grad Pass
9. Continue COVID Testing. Even during the week of Commencement, undergraduates are required to continue to test twice a week at a Hopkins asymptomatic testing site. YOU WILL NEED TO TEST TWICE DURING THE WEEK PRIOR TO COMMENCEMENT — BY FRIDAY, MAY 20th — IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE. Log into your MyChart account early to schedule your testing appointments as some testing sites have limited availability. If you are unable to comply with testing requirements, you will be required to wear a mask. Any individual that has tested positive or is exhibiting symptoms may not attend. for futher inquiries related to COVID protocols, please contact student affairs
7. Eat before the ceremony. Water will be provided on the field, but food and beverages are prohibited on Homewood Field.
6. Leave your personal items at home. Aside from your phone, all other items should be left at home. No signs, flags, banners or posters are permitted at the ceremony.
5. Arrive early to check in. Graduate check-in begins at 8:00 p.m. in the Ralph S. O’Connor Recreation Center in the Bob Scott gym. Be prepared to show your Prodensity pass before being permitted into the Recreation Center. Masks will be required indoors for check-in regardless of vaccine status or negative tests.
4. Note your seating assignment. On your GradPass (ceremony ticket) you will find your seating assignment. Seats are assigned alphabetically by school and department. It may helpful to send your families and friends a screen shot or text to let them know where you will be seated so they can find you on the field!
3. Wear your mask where required. A mask covering your nose and mouth is required at check- in and whenever indoors. Masks are encouraged outdoors as chairs on the field will be placed close together.
2. Ask questions.
If you or your family have any questions, please visit commencement.jhu.edu or email email@example.com.
1. Get excited! You’ve made it, and it’s time to celebrate! We are so proud of all that you’ve accomplished, and know your friends and families are too.